Expungement Attorney – Dallas County
Why let the past harm your future? You have educational or career goals. You want to succeed. Lurking in the back of your mind is an old criminal charge. You wish there was a way to make it go away.
Fortunately, there is a way. In certain cases, you may be able to have your criminal record erased though a process called expunction or expungement.
The Law Office of Jack Pettit in Dallas, Texas, is a caring criminal defense law firm that serves clients throughout the Dallas County area. Contact our law firm today to discuss the possibility of closing the book on the past and looking forward to a brighter future.
Call 214-521-4567 today • Se habla español
The Facts About Expunction in Texas
- If your case has resulted in probation but you were not found guilty (referred to as deferred adjudication), you may have your record sealed but not expunged.
- If you have been convicted of a crime, your record cannot be expunged or sealed.
- If in your case you were found not guilty or if your case was dismissed outright, you can have your record expunged.
- DWI convictions are the exception to the rule. There is no way to erase those from your record.
- Expunctions take approximately 120 days from start to finish.
- Eligibility always depends on the type of case, the result of that case, subsequent arrests and what occurs during the waiting period if any.
What Are the Benefits of Having My Record Expunged
- You have better job opportunities if prospective employers cannot access your criminal record.
- Your reputation in the community is not tarnished. This means that you can run for public office or serve on community boards without fear of your past resurfacing.
- If you are arrested at a subsequent time and your record was previously expunged, this arrest is treated as a first-time offense.
- Students applying for scholarships have a greater chance of obtaining funding if they have a clean record.
- Those seeking professional licensure are more likely to be chosen by licensing boards if they do not have a tarnished record.
To find out if you are eligible to have your record expunged, contact the Dallas Law Office of Jack Pettit today.
Call 214-521-4567 today
Se habla español